For more information about MiLearn email us here.
The Michigan Linked Educational Assessment Reporting Network (MiLearn) is a legislatively funded project that delivers state assessment data electronically to students, parents, and educators in a more direct manner. This project uses the district’s Student Information System (SIS) to provide authenticated users access to state assessment reports. District administrative staff may configure their system security to locally govern which data is provided to their users. Additionally, the reports are updated daily to accommodate student enrollment changes.
What are the advantages to MiLearn?
- Immediate and direct access to assessment reports when they are released
- Secure access to assessment data through SIS for students, parents, and educators anytime
- Educator view of students reflects the current roster including student transfers
- Enhances conversations between parents and educators regarding student learning and streamlines communications
How does MiLearn work?
- District SIS relationship and authorization data is loaded and updated nightly via the Michigan Data hubs
- Assessment data is loaded from the Michigan Secure Site
Getting to MiLearn
- Authorized students, parents, and educators log into their district SIS
- A link called “State Assessment Data” takes users directly from their SIS to MiLearn with no additional log in required
- Local district administrator(s) control what staff users can view
- Parents only view children they have rights to view via the SIS (updated daily)
- Classroom rosters and reports update daily based on current student enrollment
- Up to two years of rostering data—view how students performed on state assessments for current and previous year’s
- Up to two years of state assessment results (currently M-STEP and WIDA)
For support please contact the MiLearn Help desk at (269) 250-9240 or by email at MDESupport@midatahub.org.